Wednesday 19 September 2018

September 19, 2018

Today, students signed their admirable use agreements with Mrs. Kloschinsky.  She spent 30 minutes with the students reading through and discussing the agreement.  It is important to reinforce digital citizenship at home by talking about the following points from the agreement.
Protecting me.
• I will only go on the computer when I have permission. 
• I will only go to pages I am allowed to go to. 
• I will only share pictures and stories about myself when my teacher asks me to. 
• I will talk to my parents and teacher about all of my online friends. 
• I will tell my teacher or parents if anyone is unkind to me on the computer. 
• I will only go to places that are nice and I will tell my parents or teacher if I go to a place that is negative, unkind or rude. 
Protecting others. 
• I will only say positive things about people. 
• I will ask before I share a picture or story about a person. 
Protecting property. 
• I will not download movies, games or music illegally.
• I will check that the information I get on the Internet is correct

In Math, we explored simple addition.  Students learned that an addition sentence must have a plus sign (+) and an equal sign (=).  We discussed in depth that both sides of the equation must balance.  See if your child can complete these two equations at home with you:
                                   6 + 3 = __                                    4 + __ = 10

No comments:

Post a Comment