Saturday 21 November 2015

November 20, 2015

Congratulations to Elijah, the 2B Student of the Week! 

Today was twin day and there were some adorable twins around the school!

The focus of our basic facts this week has been "doubles" (i.e.: 1+1=2, 6+6=12, etc.).  Today we altered our favourite game "Make 10 on my Head" and played "Doubles on my Head."  Students love this game and I strongly encourage all parents to ask your child to teach the game, so you can play at home.  

We talked about the value of social responsibility and giving back to your community.  The Grade 3s and 4s are currently collecting food and toy items for the Devon Christmas Elves (donations can be dropped off at the school over the next weeks).  In Art, we gave back to the Devon Christmas Elves by decorating letters that will be used throughout the community.  

Note: My apologies, I did not hand back the student spelling test summaries. I will send them home on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment